Wednesday, May 28, 2014

My journey continues, but now for a little reflection at the end of this leg of the journey. As this course comes to a close, I will be reflecting on the following questions as honestly as possible. So, here goes ...

What do you see yourself using in the next year? Next year, my classes will not have 1:1 devices, therefore, I see this as an opportunity to explore and examine more of the applications, programs and activities available before actually using them in a classroom lesson. I also would like to work more with My Big Campus, Symbaloo, and Google docs as I am still a novice at using these applications, and investigating what others remain to be discovered. I am also really interested in learning more about creative visual tools like Movie Maker, Vimeo, etc. My students seem to  enjoy using these programs and I feel that I need to learn to be adept at using them as well.

What will be most helpful in your professional situation? I found the suggestions for different apps very useful, however, I think I got the most out of the discussion about classroom management in the technologically innovative classroom. Keeping students on task seems to be one of the more frustrating classroom management problems in the digital world, but I found many good suggestions for possible strategies to alleviate this problem.

How can the information you learned over the past 18 weeks be used in the rest of your school and/or corporation? I find that it is very important to share resources with my colleagues and this class has shown how constructive that process can actually be. I found so many good ideas and I think that if we all consider passing new knowledge on, we will all benefit in the end.

I have learned a lot in this course, but I know that there is still so much more to learn. That is what keeps things interesting! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment