Monday, April 28, 2014

Stakeholders

What are the top three things to communicate when introducing the concept of technology integration to a specific group of stakeholders? You can think of this as your learning objectives when preparing a presentation, website, article, etc. In other words, what three things must your audience understand in order to be fully supportive of the school's mission to integrate technology?

For this Blog entry  I chose to incorporate elements of  the blog,Teaching Miss Cheska, and the "7 Ways to Increase Teacher Technology in the Classroom". Even though I chose teachers as my stakeholder group for my discussion post, the stakeholders I am really interested in convincing that I need a textbook program are the administrators and the parents. First, I believe that I need to "create a clear vision of what an ideal classroom with integrated technology looks like (Teaching Miss Cheska, 2010). I do not want technology in my classroom to be an afterthought, or addition. I want it to be a seamless part my everyday  lessons and classroom culture. Second, I believe that stakeholders need to see the technology in action and know that using technology the correct way will seamlessly incorporate the academic standards necessary for a well-rounded foreign language education directly into the lessons. Third, I think that it is important to establish rules and regulations for electronic device use, especially in my room, since I want to know what my students know, not what they can type into Google Translate. This area  is the most difficult area for me to get around. It seems that no matter how many sites are blocked there are just as many that the students can gain access to. As much as I would like to trust them, most would choose the easy way rather than relying on their own knowledge and skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment